Stormwater Permit

When do I need a Stormwater Permit?


A Stormwater Management Permit must be obtained when there is land disturbance of 1,000 square feet or greater.  The Stormwater Permit needs to be reviewed and approved prior to issuance of a Building and/or  Zoning Permit.

Activities which are considered exempt from Sections 303, 304, and 401 of the codified ordinances  may still require a stormwater management permit from the Township.

Stormwater Management permits will be required for the following activities:

  • An increase in the impermeable area on a property that requires management of the increased stormwater runoff.
  • Construction or repair of any Storm Water Management (SWM) facilities not otherwise covered by a Land Development or Stormwater Site plan.
  • Modification of existing SWM facilities.
  • Any maintenance activity on an existing SWM facility that involves earthmoving, replacement of pipe and replacement of other structures (end walls, head walls etc.).
  • New connections to an existing stormwater conveyance system.
  • Other conditions may apply.

A fee and escrow in amounts set by resolution of the Board Commissions must be submitted prior to issuance of a permit.


Township of Hampden | All Rights Reserved | Powered by: CivicLive | © 2018 West Corporation | Intranet Login | Login | Employee Email