Director of Community Development
Darrell McMillan

Asst. Director of Community Development
Jon Powers

Community Development Secretary
Rita Finkboner 

Codes Enforcement Officer (Field Inspector)
Mark Anderson

Plan Reviewer
Ivan Miller

Department of Community Development

Open 8:00am to 4:30pm every weekday.

Phone (717)761-0119  Fax (717)761-7267

Land Development/Subdivision Plan Submission (Download Form)

Information and application form for subdivision/land development plan approval are available in the Department of Community Development office.

Building Permit

Application forms are available in the Community Development Department office and also can be mailed or faxed to the applicant. Two (2) sets of construction documents must be submitted with building permit applications. The processing time is within 15 business days for most standard residential and within 30 business days for most non-residential permits.  Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Certificate of Occupancy

A Certificate of Occupancy is a document that certifies that a building complies with the provisions of the PA Uniform Construction Code. Certificates of Occupancy are issued at the successful completion of a final inspection and should be retained by the building owner as proof that, at the time of final inspection, the portion of the building that was the subject of the Building Permit, met code.

Residents should be cautioned not to rely on their contractors to schedule a final inspection or to obtain the required Certificate of Occupancy. It is, ultimately, the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that a Certificate of Occupancy has been issued.

The Community Development Department will review applications for the following permits:

Street Cut Permit

Septic Permit

Driveway Permit (Download Form)

Excavation and Fill Permit (Download Form)

Building Permit – Residential  (Download Form)

For any construction work that exceeds $500.00 in total project cost.


  • Non-structural roof re-shingling
  • Window replacement
  • Replacement siding, fascia, gutters, downspouts
  • Kitchen and bathroom remodeling that is repair or replacement of existing items

Building Permit – Non-Residential   (Download Form)

Contractor License Application (Download Form)

Plumbing Permit  (Download Form)

Plumbing License Application (Download Form)

Zoning Permit (Download Form)

Change of building footprints; sheds, fences, all accessory buildings, increase in impervious coverage.

Fences may be placed on property lines however Hampden Township recommends setting them back a sufficient distance to allow you to maintain both side of the fence while remaining on your own property.

Residential accessory structures (sheds) must be setback from all property lines the distance specified in the Zoning Ordinance as a minimum. Sheds may be setback more than this distance but not less.

Sewer Connection Permit

New connection or increase in flow

Certificate of Use (Download Form)

For Non-Residential change of use.  Required by Hampden Township Zoning Ordinance.

Sign Permit (Download Form)

Permanent and temporary signs.

Request for Ordinance Amendment (Download Form)

Burn Permit (Download Form)
Application for a burn permit shall be made at least ten (10) working days prior to the date of the proposed burn.

Residential fee is $35.00
Commercial fee is $100.00
Permit is valid for 30 days

No fee shall be required with the issuance of a burn permit for any fire maintained on property in excess of ten (10) acres used exclusively for agricultural purposes.

Flood Elevation Certificate Form (Download Form)

Zoning Hearing Board Application (Download Form)

Zoning Request (Download Form)

Street Cut Permit (Download Form)